Safer Sphere was appointed Client CDM Advisors and Principal Designer Advisors on the construction of 5 steel portal framed distribution warehouses which incorporates a 2-storey office/administration facility at Wellesbourne Distribution Park in Warwick. Safer Sphere supported the client in this dual role and the scope of service included:-
- Principal Designer Advisor services in line with CDM 2015
- Assisting with H&S in designs, buildability and programme to reduce risk profiles
- Assisting the Client in discharging their duties under CDM
- Pre-Contract reviews with sub-contractors and packages
- Reviews of high-risk activities and applicable safe systems of work for enabling packages
- Advising on compliance with organisational operating procedures and minimum standards
- Overseeing PD and PC compliance in the construction stage
Whilst the client and design team have led the design with best practice CDM principles, some of the key challenges include: –
- Working adjacent to a very busy private Airfield, to which we bordered the Airfield Fenceline
- Working in a very busy distribution park that had upwards of 200+ HGV’s a day.
Units 8 and 13 are planned for development in 2018.