Safer Sphere was appointed for the CDM Coordinator during the transfer of duties under the CDM Regulations 07 – 15. The appointment continued as CDM Advisor during the new regulations after the six-month transitional period. The project involved the new build construction of a 12 storey, 192 unit student accommodation facility. The works will involve excavations for foundations and infrastructure, steel frame construction, pre-cast concrete cores, in-situ Holorib floor installations, façade and internal fit out.
Under CDM 2015 the role is Principal Designer Advisors. The scope of service includes:-
- Ensuring the Principal Designer and Contractor complied with their CDM duties
- Assisting with H&S in designs, buildability and programme to reduce risk profiles
- Assisting the Client in discharging their duties under CDM
Whilst the client and design team have led the design with best practice CDM principles, some of the key challenges include: –
- Providing expert advice to the Principal Designer in the development of safe cleaning, maintenance and plant replacement strategies for the technically demanding building
- The transition from CDM 2007 to the new CDM 2015 regulations mid-project