Safer Sphere was appointed the role of Principle Designer Advisor for the refurbishment of a Category A & B fit-out of the former Goodrich / UTC Aerospace facility, located in the main building to a distribution and storage warehouse. The scope of services includes:
- Working on a building with a fragile roof
- Restrictions to the roof light glazing
- Development of a safe cleaning, maintenance and plant replacement strategy
- for this very technically demanding building project.
Whilst the client and design team have led the design with best practice CDM principles, some of the key challenges included:-
- Principal Designer Advisor services in line with CDM 2015
- Assisting with H&S in designs, buildability and programme to reduce risk profiles
- Assisting the Client in discharging their duties under CDM
- Pre-Contract reviews with sub-contractors and packages.
“Safer Sphere have been a breath of fresh air in dealing with the important CDM issues on some extremely complex schemes within a live working and construction environment. I would definitely recommend their work”
Derek Walker – Walker Sime